From my kitchen to your table...

Welcome to the new Brently's Taipei Kitchen blog. I make a variety of Western foods, prepared fresh in my Taipei kitchen. Everything is "whole foods" and vegetarian, made from scratch using the freshest, highest quality, most local ingredients (certified organic eggs; natural oils -- cold-pressed, naturally extracted, etc.; home-ground grains; pure honey; never any MSG, colors, artificial flavors, additives or preservatives) And, as always, I can accommodate special dietary requests, recipe modifications, completely organic items, and so on -- just ask.

About me: I grew up in Seattle, WA. I began cooking and experimenting with foods and recipes as a child. I spent more than ten years in food service (an Italian pizzeria, a Kosher NY-style deli, Cinnabon, a Thai grill and bistro, and more), seven of those years as a general manager. I went to Bastyr University -- the school notorious for its programs in naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine, and other natural health sciences -- where I studied health psychology and took an avid interest in the whole foods philosophy. Being so interested in delicious foods of all sorts, nutrition and wellness, and one who loves making a mess in the kitchen, I hope you'll share in my joy of cooking by letting me provide you with something you won't find easily (or at all) here in Taiwan. From my kitchen to your table...

Thanks for stopping by. Please come back soon.
--Brently